Today is the 204th birthday of President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln is one of America’s most celebrated Presidents, having served during the Union’s darkest time – the Civil War. His problematic tenure in office saw the United States nearly torn apart, the abolition of slavery, and the beginnings of our reunification. His assassination at Ford’s Theatre in April 1865 ensured he would not live to see the survival of his beloved country.
- Ancient History Ancient Rome Anthropology Apple Archaeology Art History Classical Archaeology Classics Education Educational Resources Educational Technology Egyptology Google Higher Education History Lesson Plan Looting Museums Nautical Archaeology New World Archaeology Pedagogy Physical Anthropology Podcast Professional Development Public Education Social Media Teachers Technology Uncategorized United States History
Top Posts & Pages
- 5 Tips for Classroom Management with Mobile Devices
- Why 1950s America was *Not* Magical!!
- Women Warriors - A History of Real Women in Combat
- Smithsonian Tells the Story Behind Famous Photograph: Lunch Atop A Skyscraper
- Google Tools Launches Thematic National Geographic Maps
- Eight Little Known Facts About the Civil War
- Google Docs & Research: How-To?
- About Me
- The Best Online & Interactive Museum Exhibits
- iLessons (on the iPad) for Higher Order Thinking Skills
- @amyburvall thanks for creating great content!! 26 minutes ago
- RT @amyburvall: A recap of my transparency in #education is like sharing cookies - blog post that inspired an icon on http://t.co/CA25gyC8… 33 minutes ago
- 5 Tips for Classroom Management with Mobile Devices: wp.me/p1sK0W-X4 #edtech #ipaded #mlearning 19 hours ago
- @gregkulowiec just keep@the T-Rex cartoons coming!! 19 hours ago
- @TylerRuinsRadio Not a cigar smoker? Give in to the peer pressure. All of the cool kids do it! 1 day ago