Today is the 204th birthday of President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln is one of America’s most celebrated Presidents, having served during the Union’s darkest time – the Civil War. His problematic tenure in office saw the United States nearly torn apart, the abolition of slavery, and the beginnings of our reunification. His assassination at Ford’s Theatre in April 1865 ensured he would not live to see the survival of his beloved country.
- Ancient History Ancient Rome Anthropology Apple Archaeology Art History Classical Archaeology Classics Education Educational Resources Educational Technology Egyptology Google Greece Higher Education History Lesson Plan Looting Museums Nautical Archaeology New World Archaeology Pedagogy Physical Anthropology Podcast Professional Development Public Education Teachers Technology Uncategorized United States History
Top Posts & Pages
- How the Stair Master Made me Socially Awkward - or was it Facebook?
- Redefining the Writing Process
- Digital Portfolios & College Admissions
- Why 1950s America was *Not* Magical!!
- Women Warriors - A History of Real Women in Combat
- Macedonia Continues Plans to Erect Alexander Statue In Spite of Protests from Greece
- The Best Online & Interactive Museum Exhibits
- My Resume and Portfolio
- Using Evernote for Research
- Google Drive: A Better Method for Giving Student Feedback
- RT @CoolestColleges: University of Miami http://t.co/XBmvDSydmR 18 hours ago
- Should Schools Teach Social Media Skills? | MindShift blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2013… via @MindShiftKQED #edtech #edchat 20 hours ago
- RT @SAISnews: Read SAIS' list of top blogs from network schools: tinyurl.com/n6sdbkf @TheFirstAcademy @TeacherJenCarey @DarlingtonTiger … 22 hours ago
- Google News for finding primary sources. Sweet! wp.me/p3xCJ-4Dt #history #edtech 22 hours ago