The Library of Congress has just opened up applications for its summer institute – “Teaching with Primary Sources.” This is a 5 day institute open to K-12 educators and focuses on using the Library’s digitized (and free) resources.
After participating in the Summer Teacher Institutes, participants will:
- Know how to access primary sources from the Library of Congress.
- Become skilled at analyzing primary sources of different formats.
- Learn various teaching strategies for using primary sources in the classroom.
- Be able to successfully facilitate a primary source-based activity with students.
- Gain knowledge of how to use primary sources to enable students to be engaged, think critically and construct knowledge.
- Develop a Primary Source Activity Plan that will be implemented in the participant’s instructional setting.